Monday, August 31, 2009
Back to School
This is going to hurt for all of us, so we may as well enjoy it as much as possible. Yes, I'm excited to be back. I am fond of telling people that I have the greatest job in the world, and I believe it's true. The purpose of this blog will be to give you a weekly sense of what I'm thinking about that week's material, goals, assignments, etc. I wanted to play a bit with my own writing, and I wanted you to know that writing is a vital and viable method of communicating. I will drop clues about tests, give you suggestions for reading, discuss random thoughts and so on. You should check this once a week. Feel free to respond, in good taste, to anything I write. If I should happen to make any mistakes with grammar, syntax or spelling, feel free to point it out and I will give you a bonus point. See, this is worth it already. I don't know any of you yet, but I have missed you. I read quite a bit over the summer and have come back fresh and ready. If you care to, check out Mark Slouka's article Dehumanized in the August edition of Harper's Magazine. Profesor Slouka's educational philosophy mirrors my own and I received considerable inspiration from reading his article--you might too. I look forward to working with each of you and to the promise that a new year brings. Welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The purpose of this blog will be to give you a weekly sense of what I'm thinking about that week's material, goals, assignments, etc.
ReplyDeletethe "that" does not seem to be grammatically correct... but that's just me
wow walter you are such a suck up...
ReplyDeleteDr. Coleman you spelled "professor" incorrectly.