There is considerable cynicism in the world today, seemingly more every day with each pessimistic news broadcast. I'm never sure if it's my morning coffee or my daily commute that's killing me, but doesn't really matter as it will be the opposite in tomorrow's news anyway. We hear about global warming, swine flu, old favorites like war, fire, the list goes on. We here very little about the good things, the happy ones, the ones that don't sell fear and newspapers. That's where last Friday comes in.
Willenberg didn't get to come last year, and we surely missed them. This year, who knows where they got the money, they were here. And as much as I love seeing the kids from Willenberg have so much fun, man do they, I love seeing you interact with them more. When people talk about your generation, about your selfishness, your fixation on technology, your lack of concern for God and country, I wonder who they are talking about. I see you guys helping kids who have disabilities, not patronizing, but really engaging and having fun. I see a generation of students who will make things better, cure disease, heal the planet and, yes, dance at the drop of a hate. In short, I see progress. I see a reason to continue to do my part. Thank you for that. Thanks for standing up and cheering for kids who don't get cheered very often. Thanks for staying up until three to write a paper for my class. Thanks for being so decent to one another. Thanks for a great 2009. I can't wait for next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Dr. Coleman
ReplyDeleteDid you meant to write "hear" instead of "here" in the first paragraph?
And in the second paragraph, did you mean "beat" instead of, "dancing at the drop of a 'hate'"?
oops I meant "mean" not "meant"
ReplyDeletei think its supposed to be hat... lol
ReplyDeletewell said
ReplyDelete